Follow my nerdy adventures of getting into shape and becoming a healthier pirate.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Yet Another Blog...

So I have found myself lately with the need to do some more stream of conciousness and randon writing also known as blogging. I of course have my main blog where I review the hell out of books, but I thought...Self, what else can you talk about? Well, shit. Makeup of course! So here we are again. Attempting to keep up with two blogs. However, I feel that doing a beauty blog might be a little easier than doing a book review blog, and shouldn't be too hard with the up keep. This blog will be more stream of conciousness as I explore and share beauty things I have found and love. And, with baby #2 getting ready to pop out in November, I feel like it might be fun to find mom friendly, quick and easy tips for just feeling pretty.

After my first pregnancy, I didn't feel pretty. I was so worried about taking care of others, I forgot about myself. I was unhappy and stressed out all the time. But then, something clicked and I said I am totally worth more than what I'm doing to myself. So, I dived head long back into my love of makeup and I'm glad I did. I'm not hiding my imperfections, I'm enhancing what I already got. And by doing so, I feel confident and kind of kickass. And there's nothing more awesome than when a friend tells you how pretty you look or asks details about a beauty routine I do or comments on my lipstick of the day.

Some might think I'm vain for doing something as frivolous as a beauty blog and you know what, that's okay. Because as I see it, at least I'm being talked about. Here's to you who read this post. I appreciate you. And I ask that you keep coming back as I post more random stuff about beauty, inside and out.

Liked that last bit there? A bit cheese-tastic, but the truth none the less.

Thanks for reading. Until next time. Remember to always shine bright and never let anyone get you down!

(Hope you enjoy the meme. My friend from work tagged me in it on Facebook, saying I'm the only real person she knows that can pull off a smokey eye. I felt so loved!)

No comments:

Post a Comment